Never was a true fan of cardigans, or wraps and shawls. In fact I used to always tie the waterfall ones in front because their length was just irritating to me. But one of BCBG’s core items was their beloved cashmere open cardigan, and fit in with the *three-layer rule. Maybe that’s why it took so long for me to give them a fair chance.
Only a poncho is not exactly a cardigan. It’s edgier, more stylish (in my opinion), and more of a statement—falling into the category of an instant outfit, which you know I adore. I was ecstatic to find the perfect one for me when I visited Roffe Accessories‘ Sample Sale. Which came first? The hat or the cape?
Go Full Boho
On Me: Roffe Accessories Fedora and Poncho | LF Stores Seek The Label Bodysuit | Zara Pants | Zara Woman Stretch Boot (Past Season)
- A slimming knit or bodysuit
- Corduroy flared bottom
- Western or Chelsea Boot
- Top it off with a Fedora
- Style those locks with my favorite wand: CHI Original 1″ Flat Hair Straightening Ceramic Hairstyling Iron 1 Inch Plates
Pops Of White
On Me: Nastygal Vinyl Pant | T.J. Maxx Chaps Belt | NYME Shop Earrings
- A polyamide or body-con underpinning
- Second skin leather or vinyl white pant
- Belt it nice and tight (create that waistline)
- Chunky Platform Boot for height
- Keep that hair wavy
- Hoop-de-do and apply a dark lip
Now instead of vinyl or corduroy you can swap in denim or leggings. I simply wanted to remind you of more luxurious, seasonal textiles we should take advantage of in this cool, moody yet inspiring weather. And yes, you can wear white in autumn/winter.
Don’t You Forget About Me